Min Soo Yoo's Blog

I’m Not a Plastic Bag

March 10th, 2011 · No Comments

I was wondering around the blogs and saw Claudia’s blog mentioning about Anya Hindmarch launching the “I Am Not a Plastic Bag” line. I have read this article before and when I was reading it I thought Anya’s objective which was to bring the idea of being “eco-friendly” to people/world failed because people are more interested in this limited bag than the idea. As Claudia mentioned, I also thought people are more interested in this simple and plain bag because it was made by Anya Hindmarch.  

She also said that “Consumers do not mind that other people are carrying around the EXACT same bag” because it is a brand-named bag. However, I think of it differently; I think there is more reason why people buy the bag. I think people are buying it because it is exclusive. Anya Hindmarch has been building its image through exclusive distribution. Also, the bag is limited which makes the bag more attractive for people. Therefore, people want to feel that they have bought the SPECIAL bag. So for example, the bag was $15 at first when it came out but later it ranged from $700 to $2,000. People are willing to pay high price for it since they believe it is worth it.

So I think consumers are buying exact same limited bags to get the feeling of exclusiveness which Anya Hindmarch brand name provides.

At last, as I mentioned above people have forgotten the intention of this bag. So I really hope some Anya Hindmarch’s fan or other people actually noticed Anya HIndmarch’s intention of being eco-friendly rather than focusing on LIMITED edition bag.

Here is the picture of I’m Not a Plastic Bag worn by celebrities.

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.